Saturday, March 17, 2012

SXSW Plant Strong Potluck

Last year I was so exhausted from SXSW by the time I had to return to work, so this year I decided to lay low.  However, I did make on exception and that was attending the Plant Strong Potluck hosted by Rip Esselstyn, author of the Engine 2 Diet (engine2diet.com).

The assortment and variety of plant based foods was amazing, the music was great and all the people that I met were so cool.  Rip's backyard was packed with over 150 people, including kids and dogs!  I found out that even the dogs are on a plant based diet.
Robert Cheeke and I flexing our plant based muscles.

After the music and food, people got a chance to share their stories about how following a plant based diet has led to improvements in their health.  Authors, John Joseph (Meat is for Pussies), Lindsay Nixon (Happy Herbivore) and Robert Cheeke (Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness) shared their stories as well.  It was so motivational to hear about the positive changes in peoples lives and health due to following a plant based diet.

Later Rip called Robert and myself up on stage at the end to show off our plant based muscles.  It was a blast!
Rip Esselstyn, John Joseph, Lindsay Nixon, Me and Robert Cheeke

I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next potluck and getting to make more plant based friends.

Below are some links to more information on the benefits of following a plant based diet:
1. Forks Over Knives
2. Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
3. The China Study
4. Vegan Bodybuilding
5. Engine 2 Diet
6. Meat is for Pussies
7. Happy Herbivore


No comments:

Post a Comment